Sailing in extreme heat


Since we don’t really know at what temperature/humidity we should consistently suspend sailing, and after due consideration,it’s been decided that we are going to sail US1M’s this coming Sunday.

We are aware that the forecast is for temps in the low 90’s so we will be providing cold water for everyone present.  It’s hoped that the breeze, the shade from the tree, and the cold water will allow sailors to find sailing tolerable.

However, we will also be monitoring everyone and will stop sailing if the conditions become untenable.  Skippers should decide for themselves if they feel comfortable about sailing in the forecast weather conditions and act accordingly.

We will use feedback from skippers via email and at pondside to try make better decisions going forward.

Take care, stay cool,

Cliff Martin, Commodore