Forum

Forum Test  

RSS

JohnL52
(@johnl52)
03/06/2019 2:12 pm  

Paul, where you able to open this? Can you repsond?

Paul Mercer
(@paul)
Member Admin
03/06/2019 3:15 pm  

Yes!  Was able to!

ReplyQuote
JohnL52
(@johnl52)
03/06/2019 7:49 pm  

That's great, this will be a good way to have discussion, race schedules, builds and stuff. Although I didn't get a email notification that you replied. I had clicked the "subscribe to this topic" button and thought that would do it but may be not. I just went back to check and found your replay. 

ReplyQuote
Margaret Mercer
(@marg_mercer)
Member Admin
04/06/2019 4:20 pm  

I'm testing as well.  Testing the email responses.  

ReplyQuote
Margaret Mercer
(@marg_mercer)
Member Admin
04/06/2019 4:23 pm  

1 more test. 

ReplyQuote
John
 John
(@john)
Member Admin
04/06/2019 4:47 pm  

Here you go, did you get the notice?

ReplyQuote
John
 John
(@john)
Member Admin
04/06/2019 4:52 pm  

Terrific

ReplyQuote
Jim Linville
(@jim-linville)
11/06/2019 11:55 am  

So I'm in. At least I guess I'm in. 

How do I start a new Topic?

ReplyQuote
JohnL52
(@johnl52)
11/06/2019 12:43 pm  

Hey Jim

That's great you were able to get it all set up. To start a new topic, go back to the main page on the forum, the arrow will show "Main Category" then click on the title "Minuteman Main Forum" that will show you the other topics plus there a button on the right that says "New Topic"

John

ReplyQuote
Jim Linville
(@jim-linville)
14/06/2019 7:58 pm  

Question one for our Web folks: I'm an old fa#t with lousy eye sight. One of my problems is a gray type font on bright backgrounds. Can you help me out by changing the font color to black? Or at lease give me some way to increase contrast,

Question two for our Web folks: How do I start a new topic?

Question three for our Web folks: Does it have something for this RRS App that always comes up?

Question four for our Web folks: Will everyone have to have the RRS App<

Jim Linville

ReplyQuote
JohnL52
(@johnl52)
14/06/2019 8:19 pm  

Jim

I'll see what I can do about the contrast, that's a good point. I know I saw it in the settings somewhere, I'll check it out later.

To start a new topic, go to the top of the forum page, There's a menu bar has Forum, Members, Recent Post, click on the word Forum. That will bring you back to the Home page of the Forum. Under the same menu bar will now be a blue bar that says "Main Category"  Under that it says "Minuteman Main Forum" Click on that, you should see a button on the right that says "Add Topic". You have to be logged in to see it, That starts a new topic. The only thing I'm not sure of is if anyone will know that you did start a new topic. If I go to the forum and see it, I can replay to it and there's a check off box at the bottom to "Subscribe" now if you or anyone else replies I'll get a notice.

The RSS is just a way so that if anything is added or someone makes a reply you get a notice. I always found that I would just get to many emails so I usually don't bother. But now that I think of it that may be the way for me to get notified if you do start a topic. I'll check it off and see.

ReplyQuote
Share: